Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Lights In My Life

I do enjoy looking at the tree in the morning night. Sometimes peace and quite is more valuable than any sum. The light of the tree is bright it stands silent.Our pad is quiet, on occasion the heater hums.

The tree is decorated, dressed up for the holiday. An ornament here and there, with some spots bare. You see a small creature moves daily, grabbing a candy cane. It's not a mouse, it's a toddler named Malayna Jane.

She is sometimes naughty but mostly nice. Children too can brighten the darkest room. I look at the tree with anticipation, for my heart waits to place the gifts upon the skirt. The holiday hurries,the days pass swiftly.
Christmas morning looms!

No worries.

In just two short weeks it will be the eve of our delight. The morning will come, M.J will rip open her surprises. Each tear with laughter and sweet grins.
Whatever your reason for the season, if there is love it will be alright.
Shortly after the holiday ends our new year begins.

I look forward to the start of a new decade, the chance for another year.
Before I part, I wish to say Happy Holidays to you all.

Cheers!
Cheers to you my dear friends!

I wish to send genuine gratitude and unconditional love to my wife Lisa and our little girl M.J

Peace & Love
Loren Wesley Ackerman

3 comments:

DB said...

Beautiful Wes. The children that pass my door and my life almost every day brighten my heart.

DB

Ken Riches said...

Happy Holidays to you as well, and may the new year and decade bring you good tides and cheer :o)

DB said...

Congratulations on the Civcle of Frienship Award. You deserve it.

DB